Western Hypocrisy Exposed: The Rise of al-Qaeda and the Creation of ISIL in Syria
By Ann-Marie de Veer
Saturday 13 June 2015
The activities of al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) and the creation of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), in Iraq and Syria, are now both proven to be unequivocally a product of the West, its vassals among the Gulf States and Turkey, aka. The Axis of Evil (AOE).
New evidence, in the form of a US Department of Defense Information Report dated 5 August 2012, part of a much larger tranche of documents released to Judicial Watch on 18 May 2015 in their quest for the truth over the Benghazi, Libya debacle of 11 September 2012, has not only laid bare the AOE's extensive knowledge of the deteriorating situation in the Middle East but also its complicity in actively aiding, abetting and creating terrorist organisations in the region for their own nefarious purposes. As the report demonstrates:
- R 050839Z AUG 12 (Pages: 14-L-0552/DIA/287-293)
- THE GENERAL SITUATION (Page: 14-L-0552/DIA/289)
- A. INTERNALLY, EVENTS ARE TAKING A CLEAR SECTARIAN DIRECTION.
- B. THE SALAFIST, THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, AND AQI ARE THE MAJOR FORCES DRIVING THE INSURGENCY IN SYRIA.
- C. THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY SUPPORT THE OPPOSITION; WHILE RUSSIA, CHINA, AND IRAN SUPPORT THE REGIME.
That is, on the 5 August 2012 it was known and acknowledged, by the US regime, that the OPPOSITION, as defined in B. above were, and still are, being supported by the West and its subservient vassal states, aka. the AOE. At the same time, the West, in particular, were claiming the revolutionary wave of protests, that started on 18 December 2010 in Tunisia and quickly spread throughout the Middle East, were a spontaneous eruption by the people for greater democracy. However, in Syria, as the report makes clear, AQI were very much in the vanguard of operations targeting the legally constituted government of Bashar al-Assad:
- 3. AL QAEDA - IRAQ (AQI) (Page: 14-L-0552/DIA/289)
- B. AQI SUPPORTED THE SYRIAN OPPOSITION FROM THE BEGINNING, BOTH IDEOLOGICALLY AND THROUGH THE MEDIA. AQI DECLARED ITS OPPOSITION OF ASSAD'S GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT CONSIDERED IT A SECTARIAN REGIME TARGETING SUNNIS.
- C. AQI CONDUCTED A NUMBER OF OPERATIONS IN SEVERAL SYRIAN CITIES UNDER THE NAME OF JAISH AL NURSA (VICTORIOUS ARMY), ONE OF ITS AFFILIATES.
Clearly, the hypocrisy of Western regimes, and their sycophantic vassals, knows no bounds.
The report goes on to debunk the stenographic effluent routinely splattered all over the websites and front pages of the mainstream media: the Arab Spring uprising and ongoing conflict in Syria is a construct of the AOE who have provided both material and financial support for AQI and its affiliates for years and thus, by design, created the conditions for the formation of ISIL in the east of the country:
- 7. THE FUTURE ASSUMPTIONS OF THE CRISIS: (Page: 14-L-0552/DIA/290)
- B. DEVELOPMENT OF THE CURRENT EVENTS INTO PROXY WAR: WITH SUPPORT FROM RUSSIA, CHINA, AND IRAN, THE REGIME IS CONTROLLING THE AREAS OF INFLUENCE ALONG COASTAL TERRITORIES (TARTUS AND LATIKIA), AND IS FIERCELY DEFENDING HOMS, WHICH IS CONSIDERED THE PRIMARY TRANSPORTATION ROUTE INTO SYRIA. ON THE OTHER HAND, OPPOSITION FORCES ARE TRYING TO CONTROL THE EASTERN AREAS (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), ADJACENT TO THE WESTERN IRAQI PROVINCES (MOSUL AND ANBAR), IN ADDITION TO NEIGHBORING TURKISH BORDERS. WESTERN COUNTRIES, THE GULF STATES AND TURKEY ARE SUPPORTING THESE EFFORTS.
Not unexpectedly, the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), when questioned by Brad Hoff of the Levant Report and responding some ten days after the initial report by 'Judicial Watch was posted, chose not to comment on the issues raised by the documents. However, the British Foreign Office, when probed by Nafeez Ahmed of Medium for a comment, were much more forthcoming, they chose to lie:
- AQ (al-Qaeda) and ISIL are proscribed terrorist organisations. The UK opposes all forms of terrorism. AQ, ISIL, and their affiliates pose a direct threat to the UK’s national security. We are part of a military and political coalition to defeat ISIL in Iraq and Syria, and are working with international partners to counter the threat from AQ and other terrorist groups in that region. In Syria we have always supported those moderate opposition groups who oppose the tyranny of Assad and the brutality of the extremists.
The irony of the British regimes response is quite telling:
Less than ten days later, on 1 June 2015, in a move clearly designed to hide the complicity of MI5 and MI6, aka. the Security Service and the Secret Intelligence Service, who have, and continue to, actively support AQI and ISIL in Syria, the prosecution of a Swedish national, Bherlin Gildo, accused of terrorist activities in Syria collapsed at the Old Bailey High Court in UK. Gildo was guilty of nothing more than what the security and intelligence services have been involved in throughout the region for years. If the trial had gone ahead the complicity of MI5 and MI6 in aiding and abetting AQI and assisting in the creation of ISIL would have been exposed and generated extreme embarrassment for the British regime.
Clearly the general public of Western countries and its vassal states are being lied to by their authoritarian leaders who are actively involved in the material support and creation of terrorist organisations for geo-political and military strategic dominance abroad. That they, the AOE, are doing this whilst subjecting their own populations to increasingly draconian security measures for a threat that barely existed, until they created it, is utterly odious.
That hypocrisy is systemic among Western regimes is no longer in any doubt,
- Probity in office is not a function of despots in charge.